Monday, January 05, 2009

I've given a lot of thought to my lack of posting, and thought I'd write a little explanation...

There is so much that would have loved to write about. There is so much I'd like to have said. There is so much I've learned that I wanted to share. I haven't done that, though. Not here...not for awhile now. One person. That's what it takes. One person who decides to be unkind and even hateful. One person who has no right or real reason to hurt me or my husband, but has, in the past, decided to do just that. One person that I have preferred not to give easy and anonymous access to me, my husband, and especially my children. One person who really, truly, should not care. One person who, for some reason, does. One person whom neither me nor my husband has ever actually met or laid eyes upon. That's all it took. For along time I've struggled with this and have decided that I've allowed too much power to someone who does not deserve it. I'm done. I'm taking the power back. It is mine and does not belong to anyone else.

My desire to be empowered does not entail a return to how "things" once were, though. I may look into blog sites that allow you to place a password on posts. Should I decide to move in that direction, I'll let you know!

1 comment:

marc said...

hmmm, a rogue commenter? don't sweat that. i've deleted many a rude comment. usually they don't return though, so i'm sorry if someone has.

anyway, wordpress does the password thing as you mention. i just moved over there but am still pondering telling anyone. (i'm not doing passwords but they do that)