Friday, December 08, 2006

Fun, Fun, Fun 'till the roaches take the bread away

Yes, cockroaches. In my kitchen. Two different kinds. I am often disinfecting countertops and sinks ... I'm paranoid about that sort of thing ... but, this week, I think I've disinfected, boiled, washed, disinfected again, bleached, disinfects, washed more times than snowflakes on my porch. I've called our association, because I want an eterminator in here, and I'm guessing it's not just my unit that needs attention. Here's hoping they actually pay for it. (hahahahaaa! I'm so funny.)

(normally, I'd insert a picture of the topic, now ... but I've been staring at these pictures all week, trying to identify and learn about my new pets, and they make my sking crawl ... I've decided to spare you that.
You may thank me now.)

On the bright side, I have a brand-new-shiny stainless steel (with
a lid) garbage can and many pretty (and very expensive) new containers for cereal, pasta, and other misc. food items.
---------------------------------
On an entirely different note, I've started my son's very first "potty chart." For those of you not familiar with the concept, it's very simple. Every time he puts his pee-pee in the potty, he gets a sticker to place in that day's column, on a chart. When the chart shows the required amount of stickers (this week it's 2), on each day of the week, a treat has been earned. I thought it would make it more tempting for him, if he knew he could pee standing up ... so I tried to tell him, and position him for the deed ... he thought I was a very silly, silly mama. Here I am, putting him on a step stool, lifting the lid to the toilet, and trying to show him how to direct his pee into the potty ... my daughter (who cannot mind her business) keeps peeking around the corn
er and giggling. I said to my son that this is what Daddy did sometimes, and my daughter yells out,"Daddy doesn't do that!." --To which I responded, "yes he does, he just closes the door, first." This, apparantly, was a suprising and new revelation. My son, giggling now and trying to instruct me that the seat should be down, still thought me loony. When I related this to my husband, he laughed and said he supposed he could understand how I thought it was an enticing novelty, but asked me to please not encourage our son to do this for at least a few years. He was anticipating pee being sprayed everywhere. Funny, but in my efforts to make this whole thing "fun," I hadn't thought of that...


<--------------- the cat gets it ... how hard can it be!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thanking you now.

meandering mama said...

:-)