Wednesday, December 20, 2006

nighty-night wii

No joking here ... My son could not be talked out of his choice of bedtime story, tonight.

Are you ready?

It was the Best Buy Wii catalog/magazine. (The one you get in the store, not the sales flyer in the paper.) Yes. There I sat on the couch, this evening, describing some of the pictures of games to him. I felt ridiculous, but he wouldn't even discuss changing his choice of story. Darnnit ... I wanted to look at that later, and now he has it in bed with him...

My son is two and half, and said,"dehtjsu god fo mawio" in his prayer this evening. Thank goodness he prayed for his Papa Brown and Mama, too, or I'd be really worried.

-----------------------
This all parallels a desparate search for a Wii. My husband wants one for Christmas. I believe him when he says somethingliek this is good. He loves to "game" (as they call it...), and used to work for a video game company. He's no dummy ... I did my own short-term research, too. I decided it was likely a good buy, and decided to go ahead with things. Unfortunately, this started this past Sunday (17th). Friendly advice: When someone tells you something is sold out everywhere, believe them. You are not going to find it in Sticksville, or anywhere else. Don't bother calling Best Buy or Toys R Us. They are so completely sold out, they've added this bit a trivia to the recording that picks up their phone, when you call the store.
Toys R Us online might offer a bundled package, but it's not likely that you really want to pay that much for a bundle including games you'd never buy without the bundle. Don't bother with Circuit City, Target, or Wal-Mart, either. Wal-Mart may be offering a Wii gift card, but it ain't the real thing. I've got a bid in on one on Ebay, but since I'm not willing to pay more than the $300 minimum bid, I'm really not holding my breath ...

Wii shall have to wait until January for our game play.

No comments: